Town Council & Wards
The governing body of Ogden Dunes is a five member Town Council elected from wards for four-year terms. The Town is divided into five districts and each Council member resides in a different district. The Council annually elects one of its members as President.
The Council approves an annual budget, authorizes expenditures, and appoints members of the Park and Recreation Board, the Plan Commission, the Board of Zoning Appeals, Environmental Advisory Board, Waterworks Board, and other special advisory bodies. The Council has the power to assemble ordinances and regulations as long as they do not conflict with the State.
Some of the Town Council's goals include:
- To assure prudent use of the taxpayer's dollars
- To provide effective governance of the legislative and administration structure and programs necessary to deliver Town services
- To maintain and enhance the public's investment in the capital facilities and equipment required for delivery of Town services
- To encourage, assist, and sustain well-planned residential growth
- To sustain and expand cooperative efforts with neighboring communities, governmental agencies, and other groups to accomplish mutual goals
- To maintain good communications with the citizens of Ogden Dunes and sustain "Quality of Life" programs within the Town
- To develop a vision for the future of the Town. This vision is established in the Town's Strategic Plan