Garbage and Recycling
The Ogden Dunes Town Council presently has a contract with Able Disposal, a division of Republic Services, Inc. to pick up one (1) garbage tote and one (1) recycling tote on a weekly basis per residence. Please reference Ordinance 751 for more information.
Garbage and Recycling information:
- Garbage and recycling containers should not be placed at the side of the roadway until Sunday evening after 6:00 p.m.
- Garbage and recycling containers must be removed from the side of the roadway by 11:59 p.m. on the day of pickup.
- Garbage and recycling containers should be set three (3) feet apart or each side of the driveway
- Collection begins at 6:00 a.m. on Mondays (excluding holidays)
- Do not set out large refuse items for collection without first checking with the Street Department.
- There is an additional charge for large item pickup.
- Please do not put plastic grocery bags in the recycling bin. Please take plastic grocery bags (and other like plastic bag items) to a local grocery store. Most grocery stores have a container near the entrance for collecting plastic bags. For more information about why plastic bags should not be placed in the recycling bin, see this video about MRFs (Material Recovery Facilities). Here is another video that shows how plastic bags can cause problems with the sorting machines in a Material Recovery Facility. Also, see this PSA regarding plastic bags and recycling.
Garbage and Recycling Pickup Holiday Schedule
Garbage/recycling service will run one day late if the holiday falls on our garbage collection day (which is Monday). Republic Services does not do garbage/recycling collection on the following holidays.
New Year's Day
If you have questions about your trash or recycling pickup schedule or other services, please contact 219.926.1046.
Enter your address on the Republic Services website to see the next holiday. Service holidays are also on the Town Calendar.
Recycle Old Batteries and Glasses
Please drop off old batteries and glasses in their respective receptacles near the US outgoing mailbox at Town Hall. Please place batteries in a plastic bag before placing in the receptacle.
Curbside Recycling Guidelines
Plastic Film Recycling Information (Click photo for website.)
Plastic bags can be taken to Town & Country, Jewel-Osco, Meijer, Lowes, Walmart, and Kohls, locally.
Recycling and Composting Information